Insights on the full home remodeling experience.
If you are in the decision making phase of a home remodeling project, I’m sure you have many questions about what type of company you should work with and what to expect. There are a few different ways to make sure you choose the right company to handle your job, depending on the scope of work that you need completed. For example, if you need a full kitchen or bathroom remodel that requires moving or replacing plumbing or electrical work, you will need to hire a full-service remodeling company or general contractor that is licensed to perform that type of work. Additionally, if you need a new roof or window replacement, you will need someone who is licensed and insured to do the installation properly.
Archway is definitely that type of company. If you’re considering doing a project with us, here’s what you can expect.
1. Dedicated and friendly team of professionals – from the first point of contact until the finishing touches of your project, you can expect nothing but professionalism from our team. We have a friendly staff of very knowledgeable people that will help guide you through the process as smoothly as possible.
2. Experts in your remodeling category – our team of remodeling experts will educate you about each piece of the project and guide you along the way. They know all of the ends and outs of design, materials, pricing, and warranties, so you can feel assured that you are getting the best service possible.
3. The best quality of materials (with warranties to match) – we align ourselves with the best companies in the business to provide our customers with the best value of products and materials for the price. Most of our products have lifetime warranties, so if anything goes wrong, you will be covered.
4. High-quality workmanship and craftsmanship – our crew is dedicated to doing the job correctly and according to plan/schedule the first time. If your project is a little more complicated and requires a lot of custom work to be done, we have dedicated crews that can handle it.
5. Effective follow-up and service after the remodel is complete – we will check in with you periodically after your job is complete to make sure you are satisfied with the work. If for some reason you aren’t satisfied or you are having issues, we will send someone out to assess and take care of the problem.
What NOT to Expect in a Home Remodeling Company
Now that you know what to expect when working with a full-service remodeling contractor, here are a few things NOT to expect. Consider these to be red flags when shopping for remodeling contractors:
1. Not licensed – not having a licensed contractor could put you in a serious bind. If the work is done incorrectly, it could be hazardous to you and your family.
2. No design services – for interior remodeling, design services are crucial for making sure the work you want to do can actually be done in your home without messing something up (for instance, installing a bathroom door that doesn’t clear the toilet, therefore leaving you with a door that won’t close)
3. No project managers – having a project manager is the best way to make sure your project is complete on time and on budget. You shouldn’t have to wait months to have your new kitchen installed.
4. Poor customer service – when you call and no one answers, or there is a lag in communication, it can take double the time to get anything done. You are making too big of an investment to not be treated with the highest respect and priority.
5. Unqualified staff – if the representative that visits your home can’t answer all of the questions you have or has little knowledge of the products you’re looking for, it is a huge waste of time. You want to be able to trust that you’re getting the right materials for your specific needs.
Ready to get started on your Chicago home remodeling project? Contact us today and we’ll get you started on the right path to a beautiful home.