The kitchen is arguably the most used room of the house, and usually serves as the heart of any home. If your kitchen is looking drab and outdated, it can really become an eyesore over time. Kitchen remodeling is very common among people who are looking to add more sophistication and style to their home, and to essentially breathe new life into the space they love most. Here are 10 essential tips to keep in mind when remodeling your kitchen, so you can get the most out of your new space.
- Go for an open kitchen design. The biggest trend in kitchen remodeling right now is an open design because it allows the kitchen to become a great space for entertaining as it connects several rooms together.
- Build an island. If you have the space, build an island in your kitchen because it will instantly add more counter and cabinet space while providing a place for guests to sit and enjoy a meal.
- When choosing flooring materials, make sure you focus on the durability of the flooring and how it reacts when exposed to moisture. There are a number of options available for flooring, such as vinyl, tile, cork, engineered wood, laminate, etc. and each one is different.
- Focus on an energy efficient concept. Update your kitchen appliances with energy-saving features and use recessed LED lights to cut down your energy bill.
- Go green. Choosing recycled glass and concrete countertops, which are available in a variety of designs and colors, can help save our planet. Marble, ceramic, and granite are naturally occurring material and also very sturdy. If you don’t mind spending additional amount, go for quartz countertops that are both durable and maintenance-free.
- Choose a nice backsplash. There are many choices for backsplashes above the countertops that can add color and style to your kitchen. Ceramic tiles are a popular choice due to their durability and easy cleaning, but we have also seen a rise in the popularity of glass tiles because they shine and come in many shapes and colors.
- Add accent lighting. Lighting plays an important role in enhancing your kitchen look, and accent lighting can add glamour and elegance to your kitchen.
- Splurge on nice cabinets. Cabinetry is one of the most expensive aspects of a kitchen, and if you have extravagant budget, you can replace your cabinets with the most beautiful materials like oak, cherry or stainless steel.
- Add fun and practical elements. During your kitchen remodel, you can choose to update your sink and customize your space by installing elements to make life easier, such as built-in chopping boards and wine chillers.
- Paint the kitchen walls with contrasting colors. This will enhance your kitchen’s appearance and create a nice ambiance for your friends and family to enjoy.
To learn more about the elements of kitchen remodeling, check out our kitchen page or give us a call today at 773-665-4444!